Meet Attorney Morgan Lake
At Lake Law, PLLC, I dedicate myself to defending individuals who have been charged with a crime or cheated by a consumer institution. Based in Seattle, I serve clients throughout the Pacific Northwest with an eye for justice.
Find out more about my background by clicking on my name here:
A Former Teacher And Prosecutor Who Looks At The Details
No one should experience harassment by a retailer, bank or collection agency. Likewise, no one should have to serve time or pay for arrest that is not just. Put my work as a past educator, public defender and prosecutor to work for you. My experience in education and government gives me a novel perspective on the law and how it affects individuals and communities. I look at the facts and evidence to determine the best defense in your case.
My experience prior to becoming a lawyer includes:
- Working as the editor for Seattle University Law School’s American Indian Law Journal
- Providing analysis and writing under a Washington Court of Appeals, Division II judge
- Serving as Co-President of Seattle University Law School’s Environmental Law Society
- Teaching at New York, Oregon and Washington public schools
Some of the consumer and criminal cases I handle include:
- Consumer rights issues involving debt collectors, retailers and financial institutions
- Driving arrests including DUIs, speeding, reckless driving and hit-and-run vehicular assault
- Drug charges
- Assault and theft
- Commercial truck driving violations
- Traffic tickets
- Wills and contracts
Aspects of my master’s degree in education and law degree often work in tandem to help me find a mistake or loophole in the government’s case. In criminal defense cases, I strive diligently to reduce the penalties or even have your charges dropped. I also handle wills and contracts, should you need a committed lawyer for legal documents and estates.
“I believe that there is one story in the world, and only one. . . . Humans are caught—in their lives, in their thoughts, in their hungers and ambitions, in their avarice and cruelty, and in their kindness and generosity too—in a net of good and evil. . . . There is no other story. A man, after he has brushed off the dust and chips of his life, will have left only the hard, clean questions: Was it good or was it evil? Have I done well—or ill?” – John Steinbeck
Small-Firm Attention From A Skilled Advocate
At the Washington law firm of Lake Law, PLLC, I will speak with you at your convenience, offering strategic legal options with a personalized approach. Request an in-person consultation by calling 206-536-2830 or sending me an email.